Saltire Targa 2015 Report
2014 winners Ross Butterworth/Ali Proctor successfully defended the Saltire Classic Rally, going fastest over the 16 special tests to secure a hard-fought victory over fellow Escort crew John Bertram/Andrew Fish. Lying snow through Errochty Forest would see a number of cars slide off, resulting in the section just before lunch halt being scrubbed, and the cancellation of the subsequent intended pass. Stephen Hudson/Richard Crozier dropped least time over the remaining two regularity sections to complete the podium.
Saltire Classic Rally
Organiser: Saltire RC
Date: March 1
Championships: NESCRO, SACC, HRCR Premier
Route: 110 miles Starters: 40
- Ross Butterworth/Ali Proctor (Ford Escort) 17m 10s;
- John Bertram/Andrew Fish (Ford Escort) +33s;
- Stephen Hudson/Richard Crozier (Subaru Impreza);
- Ian Dixon/Maurice Millar (MG B GT);
- Grainger Robertson/David Robertson (Nissan Sunny);
- Ryan Hay/Craig Wallace (Toyota Paseo);
- Jay Colville/Will Corry (MG Midget);
- Peter Humphrey/Douglas Humphrey (Mini Cooper);
- Colin Rose/Bob Shearer (MG Midget);
- Donald Wilson/Harris Wilson (Vauxhall Corsa).
Classes, Historics: Bertram/Fish; Post-’74: Hudson/Crozier; ’68-’74: Dixon/Millar; Pre-’68: Humphrey/Humphrey; Novices: Sandy Horne Jnr/Kirsty Horne (Ford Ka).
Richard Crozier, Nav – Car 34, Subaru Impreza (3rd o/a)
Photos courtesy of Kryten Photography